Generac 20,000 Watt Liquid Propane/Natural Gas Standby Generator Review
Generator: Generac 20,000 Watt Standby Generator
- Manufactured by a well-known brand.
- Can power the entire house.
- Automatically switches on when needed.
- Tests itself every week to make sure everything works.
- Quieter than most portable generators I’ve heard.
- Price and Installation costs if you get it installed professionally.
- Noise (but that goes for all generators).
|Research Links||Generac 6244 20000 Watt Standby Generator|
|Long-Term Reliability||Check Here|
|Transfer Switch||Check Here|
Reliability – 10/10
I’ve owned this gen for just over a year now and fortunately during that time, we have only experienced a few short power cuts (each time the generator kicked in and worked flawlessly).
Maintenance – 9.5/10
Every week the generator boots up for 10 minutes or so to make sure everything is still working ok. Everything runs as expected and I have no complaints there. Changing the oil is easy enough and it doesn't take up much time, it doesn't have to be changed that often either.
Noise – 9/10
The noise produced is fairly loud, it’s not really noticeable while I’m indoors, but it can be fairly loud in close proximity. No generator is truly “quiet” though, and I don’t own a number of standby generators in order to draw an accurate comparison. Nevertheless, I would say this generator is quieter than most portable generators I’ve heard.
- Generac installation manual
- Generac Warranty Info
- Generac Specifications (more indepth)
- Generac Owners Manual
Overall, I’ve found the Generac to be extremely reliable, built to a high standard/quality and I take great comfort in the knowledge that it will power my home, regardless of whether or not I’m actually there. I highly recommend it to anybody looking to buy a standby generator in this wattage range.