Generac 6244 20,000 Watt Standby Generator Review
Product Review For: Generac 6244 20,000 Watt Standby Generator
Product Manufacture: Generac
- Manufactured by a well-known brand.
- Can power the entire house.
- Automatically switches on when needed.
- Tests itself every week to make sure everything works.
- Quieter than most portable generators I’ve heard.
- Price and Installation costs if you get it installed professionally.
- Noise (but that goes for all generators).
I’ve owned the 6244 for just over a year now and fortunately during that time, we have only experienced a few short power cuts (each time the generator kicked in and worked flawlessly).
Every week the generator boots up for 10 minutes or so to make sure everything is still working ok. Everything runs as expected and I have no complaints there. Changing the oil is easy enough and it doesn't take up much time, it doesn't have to be changed that often either.
The noise produced is fairly loud, it’s not really noticeable while I’m indoors, but it can be fairly loud in close proximity. No generator is truly “quiet” though, and I don’t own a number of standby generators in order to draw an accurate comparison. Nevertheless, I would say this generator is quieter than most portable generators I’ve heard.
- Generac 6244 installation manual
- Generac 6244 Warranty Info
- Generac 6244 Specifications (more indepth)
- Generac 6244 Owners Manual
Overall, I’ve found the Generac 6244 to be extremely reliable, built to a high standard/quality and I take great comfort in the knowledge that it will power my home, regardless of whether or not I’m actually there. I highly recommend it to anybody looking to buy a standby generator in this wattage range.